15 October 2011

Rocky Mountain, Part II

, paWell, I promised an update about Rocky Mountain. I had a fun time out there, but for some reason I felt more energy performing the same show at the game on Saturday. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was great to have the whole west stands filled with people who love you and love your chow, but I think after helping out with the event all day, some of my energy for the show zappered out (I don't really know what zappered means . . .), but yeah, it was all cool. I liked being able to see some of the other bands, too ...even if there was a weird sacrifice on an altar type show (weird). I liked Timpview's band alot .. .they have a lot of block drills, but their drill is so tight, precise and effective . ..it looks super good out there on the field. No wonder they always win in their class!
And of course, I helped Karren with the loge set-up and refreshments and stuff and the cleanup. And everything went very smoothly; even Bro. Mac said it went more smooth than last year. Which is great. But man, are we glad it's over! It was a lot of prep work to get everything to work right!
Special shoutout to Heidi and Mom who came to my show! I knew they like watching other bands, too, so I signed them up to volunteer with a band so they could get in free to watch the rest of the bands. They had fun. It really is good entertainment. =)

1 comment:

  1. It was fun being behind the scenes with one band, just to see how the whole pattern works. And we loved watching the bands we got to see. And we were glad that the Davis band won best overall, 'cause that's the band we would have voted for also.

    ReplyDelete